Many Infinities (MI) is honored to be the first 501c3 nonprofit organization, based in the Southeast U.S., committed to accomplishing the mission of bringing awareness to and eradicating Autoimmunity and autoimmune related diseases through education, patient assistance, public awareness, advocacy, research and Christian support. The organization was established in 2015, by Deven Woods, a wife and mother battling multiple autoimmune diagnoses, whose primary goal was to provide comprehensive support and healthcare management to families navigating the complex world of Autoimmunity in an effort to control and prevent the onset of autoimmune diseases.
Since inception, Many Infinities has worked, diligently, to meet six organizational goals. These goals allow the team to take a multidimensional approach to addressing the many disparities among autoimmune patients and their families. The following goals will achieve prolonged and improved the quality of family life, as well as equip future generations with a holistic awareness of self and tools for proactive health involvement, while we work to end Autoimmunity.
• Reduce the mental and emotional burden of an autoimmune diagnosis and increase self-efficacy in autoimmune and chronic disease patients
• Improve the patient physician partnership and decrease the disability and mortality rates, resulting from one or more autoimmune diagnoses
• Unveil the invisible illness that has plagued families for many generations
• Increase health and disease literacy, which enhance quality of life, as well as promote patience, understanding, and acceptance of the often misunderstood life changes of autoimmune disease patients
• Alleviate the financial burden of autoimmune disease and address areas of healthcare equity and access among economically, educationally and geographically challenged families battling Autoimmunity
• Lead the effort to discover innovative methods of managing, treating and ultimately ending the autoimmune response
Take a closer look at how MI works to accomplish each goal by designing programs to address health disparities in our communities.
As an autoimmune disease patient, I found myself frustrated and afraid about the lack of understanding and resources available to me.
After my first autoimmune diagnosis, I began to research my individual disease. This led me to the underlying problem…the real issue. I was surprised to learn that Autoimmunity had affected my family and so many others for several generations. Yet, no one seemed to be paying attention to the "invisible" monster in our lives. Further digging led me to realize that despite its prevalence in the U.S., Autoimmunity has yet to even be recognized as an actual disease category, research is at a minimum, compared to other illnesses and most Americans with an autoimmune or autoimmune related disease have no clue about Autoimmunity and how to be proactive in their healthcare.
Many Infinities was developed to meet the needs of autoimmune disease patients and the people who love them. We're committed to unveiling this invisible illness, giving a voice to affected families, providing the tools to move forward and ultimately CORRECTING and ENDING the AUTOIMMUNE RESPONSE.
The time has come for us to no longer be silent! We must not just survive, but LIVE LOUDLY… BOLDLY. We must pass along the knowledge and the courage to truly live from generation to generation – For Infinity!
Board Vice Chair
Director of Program Development
Board Vice Chair
Director of Health and Disease Literacy
Direction of Communication
Director of Nutrition and Healthy Living